The e-books for FE Project will provide Further Education colleges in the UK with access to a Core Collection of e-books on a platform which provides functionality suitable for the needs of the community
There is a demand for e-books from students and their teachers in Further Education which is not being met. The LSC, JISC and JISC Collections are working together on a national level to acquire a critical mass of relevant e-books, to achieve efficiencies and harness the opportunities technology provides.
- To license a Core Collection of e-books relevant to the FE curriculum across the UK to include titles of relevance to Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales.
- Provide colleges with tools and information on how to integrate the e-books into library catalogues, VLE’s and other aids to help embed ICT in teaching and learning.
- Monitor the usage of the e-books, looking at trends across colleges, discipline areas, and e-book titles.
- Work with colleges to achieve high participation and make best use of the e-book titles.
- Provide a Framework Agreement, to allow colleges to acquire affordable and relevant e-books on the same terms and conditions as the centrally funded Core Collection.